Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Upcoming Events

Be on the look out for the next two issues of Cross Stitch and Needlework Magazine. In the next two issues will be the Peak Sisters' Samplers. These samplers were purchased because I thought it would be neat to own samplers from sisters--they are the first to be added to my collection. (Thank you to Chris for stitching those for me.)

I will also be offering a kit to turn one of them into a needlebook. You will have to purchase the magazine and then you can purchase the finishing kit from me and finishing instructions (which were written by Liz of Ruffles Finishing--she always does such a nice job). More details later.

2 comments:

MoonBeam said...

Sister samplers...does sound really cool.

Bobbi

DebBenedict said...

I thought you might like to know that the Peak Sisters may not be sisters at all, but a reference to an old musicale. Search in Google Books for "The book of drills: a series of entertainments" By Mary Barnard Horne, and search within for "The Peak Sisters". You will find a very silly playscript for money-making social functions from 1887! I discovered this while researching an old photograph of such a production. Enjoy...Deb